Monday, July 22, 2013

A LONG Overdue Update

Ok, so it feels like I died or something and I feel that I've completely neglected the old blog, but life sometimes gets BUSY and I've had weeks-going-on-months-now where all I have time to do is keep things afloat.  So here is my attempt to update you all on what the Mr. and I have been up to since mid-April.

May:

Summer sort of started in May, just how it always teases us, so we decided that we would do a fun Memorial Day weekend with friends and camped on the coast.  It was a soggy, wet mess and our poor dogs hated every minute of it (they aren't very fond of being wet,  ever) but we got to spend some quality time with our friends and with the Tillamook Cheese Factory, so all was well.  Mr got ready for the end of the school year and our schedule was packed with things pretty much every day... none of which I can actually remember at this point.

June:

We were still being toyed with by the weather, but Mr and I decided to start doing day hikes on the weekends, so we did a few of those on Saturdays and Sundays and realized how much better shape we needed to be in if we were going to climb any mountains this summer.  I planned what felt like a million offsite meetings for work so that kept me pretty busy.  School ended for Mr so we took a few days off together to just veg out at home, go on some hikes and organize our disastrous home.  Then work kicked my but with all of the meetings we had, but totally made up for it when Postal Service played live for us at an outdoor company picnic.  You guys, I have the best job in the world.  Then our favorite restaurant in Portland closed so we had to go there on their last night ever for our favorite dinner.

July:

Mr and I took our first ever road trip together and went to visit my best friend in Utah and see her new cute baby.  I got a totally gnarly spider bite that I eventually had to go to Urgent Care for because it got so swollen and itchy and gross that I was afraid my leg might fall off (it didn't).  We had an awesome week in Utah hiking around and swimming in ponds. The bugs in Oregon totally ate me alive when I returned (I still have visible bug bits from that weekend) but we had a nice relaxing few days back before going back to work.  Then last week I went to Atlanta for a week for work and I got food poisoning the first night.  Talk about not fun.  I felt fine the next day, once all of the offending food was out of my body, but spent the rest of the week eating really lightly just in case.  This week (and for the next few weeks) I'm taking part in an elimination diet to see if I have a wheat or gluten allergy or intolerance.  You guys, I just want some bread.  You don't realize how quickly liquids go through you when you aren't eating breads and pastas.

So there is a super brief  update of our past couple months.  And now for the picture parade:

My made-up hair wrap, which was really  just my shirt, but it was too hot to have my hair down and no hair tie.  Lesson learned- always bring a hair tie.





Goodbye, Berlin Inn!





And now the SPIDER BITE PICS...






Salt Lake Temple

Hiking at over a mile above sea level- hard work!

The ATL!




No comments:

Post a Comment