Monday, August 19, 2013

All the Fun I've Been Missing



I finally got a bike.  I haven't had my own bike in YEARS and the last bike I had was "borrowed" by someone and then lost forever, but it was a cheap one so I wasn't super devastated.  After a few months of looking and trying to decide on the type of bike I wanted, I found this vanilla Electra Townie and I'm in love!  I also bought the quick release wire basket that mounts to the front because I'm mostly going to using it to get to friends' homes for BBQ's and to run down to the farmer's market on the weekends- all of which are within a 3 mile radius of my home.

And Mr. got a bike too!  So the first thing we did on Friday night was ride around the neighborhood and then ride to a friend's house.  Because why not?

Mr trying on MY bike helmet, for whatever reason.

So now I'm going to see if I can ride my bike to the max station and take the train to work a few days a week instead of driving.  Hopefully it'll work out and I can save a little on gas and get my dose of fresh air.  

Yay bikes!  Yay summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment